Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Sliding into Summer!

Time to wrap up the year!
 We are finishing up our Journeys reading program this week but we still have two weeks of school left!  I want to share a packet I created to keep us learning right to the last day of school!  It reviews all the standards we learned this year in our Journeys reading program - but honestly... it reviews any first grade reading program.  Go to my store to check out the details of the packet. 

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Journeys-first-Grade-End-Year-Review-Second-Grade-Beginning-of-the-Year-Review-1227267



I am also one of those teachers who worries about my students keeping their reading skills up throughout the summer months.  Students can fall a month behind during the summer months without practice.  I have tried everything to get my students  to read during their summer break.  Studies have shown that students' reading improve if they read to a stuff animal!  So I came up with my own adopt a pet reading program.  The students attach the reading log to the collar of their animal... Ya!  No more losing the reading log!  Also they actually feed their pet by reading to it and get to color in food dishes to represent books/minutes read.  You can also find this product in my store.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Reading-Incentive-Star-Owner-1132659


Have fun wrapping up your year!  These last few weeks can be exhausting!  Next week we are heading to the zoo for an end of the year fieldtrip and inviting our dad's in for a Donut with Dad's morning!  I will share some of the things we have planned in my next post!


0 comments:

Post a Comment